THE HOUSING MARKET IS TO REMAIN OPEN DURING THE FOUR WEEK LOCKDOWN IN ENGLAND
The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government confirmed the news on Saturday evening via Twitter, some hours after Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced the lockdown until December 2.
A tweet from Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick said: “Q: Can I still move house? A: Yes – the housing market will remain open throughout this period. Everyone should continue to play their part in reducing the spread of the virus by following the current guidance.”
The guidance, originally issued in August, says: “The process of searching for and moving into a new home is different because property agents, conveyancers and other professionals have modified how they work to reduce the risk from COVID-19. These changes could include doing more online, such as offering virtual viewings; vacating your current property during viewings; and ensuring your property is thoroughly cleaned before someone else moves in.
“We encourage all parties involved to be as flexible as possible and to be prepared to delay moves, for example if one of those involved becomes ill with COVID-19 during the moving process or has to self-isolate. It may become necessary to pause all home moves locally or nationally for a short period of time to manage the spread of coronavirus. We will let you know if this needs to happen.
Viewing Stratton Court Apartments During Lockdown
We want to reassure you that the safety of you and our staff is our utmost priority so we are open to customers by appointment only with strict social distancing measures in place and adhering strictly to Government lockdown rules.
Our new visitor procedure:
1. All visits will be by dedicated appointment only. Please contact us by telephone or email to arrange an appointment.
2. Our Village Advisor will meet you outside Reception and supply you with Personal Protective Equipment and hand sanitiser.
3. Only one appointment will be scheduled at a time and will be limited to the advisor and a maximum of two members from the same household.
4. We will follow social distancing guidelines keeping a 2 metre distance during your visit.
5. The Village Advisor will remain outside the show apartment throughout the viewing
6. Door handles and surfaces are cleaned between each visit and show apartment viewing.